1. Daddy & Rowen being silly.. They were taking turns singing songs into an empty water bottle. Rowen was laughing up a storm and “singing” right along.. Love my boys!
2. I got a couple of new backdrops in last week… These two monkeys were testing them out for me one evening.. After bath time, so in jammies, no less..3. Kaylor has been wanting an iPad, but her dad & I agreed that if she really wanted one, she would have to save up to buy one w/ her own earned money. Well, she did just that! She saved up DOUBLE what she needed to buy her iPad.. Talk about an 11 year old w/ motivation! So proud of you, K!
4. One of the things that I’m learning about having two of my children so close in age, is that they are ALWAYS together. Even while they have their own toys, they are constantly playing together w/ one another. This little spot between the couch & love-seat in our front sitting room, is the kids’ “cubby space”. Even Kaylor gets in on it, and they all hideout there.. I can usually hear laughs coming from this spot;
5. Ashlyn & I made S’Mores for an evening treat… She said, “Oh wait, we can’t eat these yet, we gotta get a picture!”.. ; I love that she automatically assumes this should be the case! 🙂
6. A family snapshot on Kaylor’s 11th birthday.. Ashlyn in a princess gown, Rowen snuggling a hairbrush, Kaylor lookin’ 11… Yep, seems about right!
7. Conversation between daddy & Ashlyn, after she was in trouble the night before… She mentioned something about it the next morning at breakfast, and daddy said, “Do you remember what happened?” She replied, “We had this conversation LAST night” <sigh>….
8. I just signed up to do an online Bible study that starts in a couple of weeks… Will you join me? It would be fun to share notes!
9. I always rotate things when I put them away, so that all of the items get equal use… Dishes, glasses, towels, etc. Is this strange? lol
10. Kaylor was asking why we were getting rid of our dishwasher… We told her it’s really just going to be cost effective to do dishes by hand after every meal, and since emptying the dishwasher is one of her chores, so would doing the dishes by hand. Her face was priceless.. Kids these days! lol…. (new dishwasher was delivered when the old one was taken… hehe) She’ll be glad to see that!