1. Could not be more proud of Kaylor. Last week at parent/teacher conferences, her teacher told me that she had gotten snippy w/ the class. She then apologized and told them that her daughter had been very sick w/ a serious blood disorder, and Kaylor took it upon herself to not only make a special card for her teacher, but had the entire class sign it. Her teacher said K had written things like, “we’re all here for you, we’re praying for your daughter, keep your faith in God”, etc. Her eyes filled w/ tears as she told me this (as did mine) and she said every time she thinks it about it, it makes her tear up, and that she put it in a special place and will keep it forever. Just goes to show that even when you think your ten year old, going on twenty something is not listening, doesn’t pay attention, etc., she really is. So, so proud of her.
2. Just realized that Black Friday is only about a month away.. Giddy!!…
3. Saw these in a magazine as a fix for tangled hair. Kaylor’s has gotten much thicker and doesn’t tangle too much anymore, but Ashlyn’s is still very fine and is allllways ratty. I wonder if this “thing-a-ma-jig” would help?
5. Last week Ashlyn wanted to wear undies at nap time. She told me, “You can count on me”.. I couldn’t help but giggle. This is the same child that after the nap, went potty and came out to show me, while laughing, toilet paper hanging that was caught in her butt crack. <sigh> Oh my.
6. Have you ever felt a little “off”?… I felt lopsided all day, and didn’t know why.. Realized at 8:30pm, that “ma bra was a twisted in the front”… Yep, that’ll make ya walk crooked all day long! hehe
7. I’m not quite sure what she was up to, but the other night from the other room I hear Erik say, “Owe!” and Ashlyn tell him, “But I’m a doctor!”… haha
8. We’re gearing up for Halloween! What are your kids dressing up as this year? We have a lion (Rowen), PINK princess (Ashlyn), and a Karate girl (Kaylor)..
9. This is a neat site.. Helps you find what book to read next based on what you’ve read and liked.
10. Heard on Dr. Phil commercial, “if you dropped the linen, and started grinnin”… Too funny!