- 1 lb. box elbow macaroni noodles (I use whole wheat pasta)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 15 ounce can dark red kidney beans, drained
- 1 10 oz box frozen spinach leaves (I opted to leave this out)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1-2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Parsley, sprinkle on top
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta as directed in a saucepan. Drain. Do not rinse.
- In the same saucepan, add the olive oil and saute the carrots, celery and garlic for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the undrained diced tomatoes, drained kidney beans, and cooked spinach leaves. Add the pasta back into the saucepan and toss with the other ingredients.
- Pour them into a lightly greased 9×13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over top, then sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over top. Bake at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes, or until cheese has melted and begins to golden on top. Season with salt and pepper to taste.