1. Did anyone watch “The Voice” last week? Erik & I absolutely loved it! What a neat concept for a show, and wowza, talk about some talented people!
2. Remember my hopes for some travel time tunes? I was a complete rockstar on my drive to Peoria & Galesburg last week.. (okay, so maybe only a rockstar since I knew no one else could hear me.. lol) I LOVE using both my iPod on my iPhone as well as the Pandora app to listen to music..
3. I posted about being more diligent about skin care & taking of my makeup before bedtime.. Funny enough, I’ve not only been doing this every single night, but I tease Erik that it has become our 5-minute date in the evenings, as he washes his face right along beside me.. I love it!
4. Even w/ the love of my dear iPhone, there’s something about making hand written lists on post-it notes.. And the feeling of crossing of each item? Pure accomplishment!
5. Different days of the week feel “different” to me.. Is that strange?
6. We have THE most awesome friends.. I know, you’re saying, no wait, I do.. But really, we have some incredible people in our lives. So thankful to have them. Laid back evenings, grilling out, kiddos playing together.. Absolutely wonderful!
7. I love finding one of my favorite shows pop up on the DVR’d recordings.. I never know what night certain shows are on, because we are never able to watch them “live” so it’s always a nice surprise waiting 🙂
8. Praise the Lord! So I, uh, kind of saw a little jail time flash before my eyes… I just may have happened to have “shoplifted” yesterday.. Wait, wait, hold the phone, I didn’t mean to shoplift, it just sorta happened. (Mmm Hmm, that’s what they ALL say, I’m sure)… The kids & I were in JC Penny’s and had gotten Kaylor some new tennis shoes & a package of socks. After paying, we walked through the mall to Kohl’s. While there, Kaylor says, “Um, mom? Aren’t those socks from Penny’s?” Oh my… To say my heart started to race would be a major understatement. We couldn’t get out of Kohls quick enough and back to JCP. I went back to the same register, and the sweet man just laughed. Thoughts kept running through my head of “doing time” because of some stinkin’ (no pun intended) socks! Eeeek!
9. One of my longest time friends (25+ years!) and her new baby girl came over a couple of weeks ago.. Loved hanging out w/ her while she’s on maternity leave! Baby girl is about 2 1/2 months younger than Rowen.. So awesome to see my kids w/ my lifelong friends’ kids..
10. Speaking of friends.. We typically enjoy either a Friday or Saturday evening each week w/ our friends. I have to say, we have some amazing friends. We love them, so, so much.. Life is good!