I’ve always had mixed feelings about new year’s resolutions.. I LOVE setting goals for myself on both personal & business levels, and I’m always up for a fresh start.. So maybe rather than resolutions, I’ll call them goals 🙂 For accountability, and maybe even a needed swift kick in the rear (that’d be from you, my readers!) here is my list for 2011;
1. Continue our faith journey. We were fortunate to join a really great group of couples this fall, and dove into the book, “Radical”. We did a study of each chapter, and sharing in that learning & growth applying it to scripture from the Bible was amazing. I am looking forward to being more involved w/ our group & church throughout this year.
2. Over this past year, I’ve discovered a site that I LOOOOOOOve! Of course it was while being pregnant, and well, playing w/ power tools wasn’t quite in my dr’s prescribed “to-do’s”. So, I’ve been book marking and making mental notes on the projects that I cannot wait to start on this spring. Check out her site.. I promise you’ll spend countless amounts of time there 🙂
3. Continue to practice great eating habits for myself & my family. Erik & I thoroughly enjoy cooking healthy, and finding new ways to incorporate good nutrition into our family’s eating. It really can be fun & enjoyable, so this year we’d love to join a co-op for organic fruits & veggies, as well as doing a garden raised bed.
4. Read more. I’ve become somewhat a collector of books.. I love em. I love finding new authors that I can really jump into their novels. Buuuuuut, I’m not so great about making it a priority to have reading time. I typically get side tracked when I am headed in that direction, and find myself catching up on emails, editing work, etc.
5. Continue to make it a priority to do family time. Playing games together, praying together at meals, and bedtime, little outings, etc. I love all the little things that we do as a family & will definitely continue!
6. I cannot WAIT to start on a fitness plan once I get the go-ahead after little man is born! I will be doing Body by Bethenny and possibly a yogo/pilates class.