Sunday- Slow Cooker Potato Soup –This easy slow cooker recipe makes a great rich and creamy potato soup. Try adding cheese, bacon, scallions or sour cream for an even richer loaded baked potato taste.
- Place all ingredients up to and including the water into a slow cooker and cook all day on low to medium.
- Thirty minutes to one hour before serving, add milk and flour mixture. After the soup starts to thicken, it is ready to serve. Add 1/4 pound of Velveeta cheese for Cheese potato soup. 1 can evaporated milk may be substituted for the regular milk.
Tuesday- Breakfast (eggs & toast)
Wednesday- Teriyaki Chicken Stew (from Family Circle magazine)
- 1.5lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed & cut into 1in pieces
- 1 bag, 16oz Asian stir-fry veggies
- 2 cups halved baby carrots
- 1/2c low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2c low sodium teriyaki sauce
- 2 tbls cornstarch
- 4 cups broccoli flowerets
- 3 cups prepared rice (optional)
Combine chicken, veggies, carrots, broth, and 6tbls teriyaki sauce in crock pot. Cover; cook on HIGH for 2.5 hours or LOW for 5 hours.
Stir together remaining 2 tlbs teriyaki sauce w/ cornstarch. Stir mixture into crock pot along w/ broccoli & cook an additional 30 mins or until sauce has thickened. Serve over rice, if desired.
PER SERVING; 244 CAL, 5G FAT, 28G PROTEIN, 19G CARB, 5G FIBER, 545MG SODIUM, 95MG CHOLESTEROL
Thursday-Left over spaghetti or teriyaki chicken
Friday- Left over spaghetti or teriyaki chicken
Saturday- Papa Murphy’s pizza (yummo!)