Five on Friday…
1. So the last few days have been a little rough for me, but K left me one of the sweetest surprises I could ever ask for. Yesterday morning after the house was quiet & her & daddy had left for school/work, I found a sticky note waiting for me on the kitchen island. Not only a note yesterday morning, but today too! Man, I love this kid! (some of the verys should be every and vice versa 😉
4. A quick recipe that we really enjoyed. It’s a homemade version of pot pie, but much healthier!
Chicken Biscuit Pot Pie
- 1 2/3 cup frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 1/2 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (I use the low sodium kind)
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1 cup biscuit mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
Combine vegetables, chicken, soup and thyme. Pour into a 9 inch pie pan. Combine biscuit mix, milk and egg. Pour over top. Bake at 400°F for 25-30 minutes. Prep time for this is short – not more than 10 minutes!
5. Got a new lens this week.. 70-200mm IS 2.8… This lens is dreamy!