Category Archives: Favorite Tips
We could all agree that there are a lot of great skincare products on the market.. I’ve used many myself. Some I’ve loved, others not so much. Even more importantly, I want to know that what I’m putting on my skin, and that is being absorbed into my body is safe. Plain & simple.
From the EWG.org (environmental working group) website:
NOT ALL PRODUCTS ARE SAFE: WHY NOT?
• Cosmetics are unregulated
and commonly made from
poorly tested chemicals
• Makers can use almost any
ingredient they choose
• FDA can’t require safety tests
or recall harmful products
Shaklee has been a leader in nutrition for 50 years! W/ its skincare line, Enfuselle, it offers the BEST nutritional skin care currently available.
Enfuselle products have been proven safe and effective in laboratory and human testing. One test included 2,000 people worldwide.Test subjects were selected due to their skin sensitivities. Test results were so remarkable that they exceeded Shaklee expectations and those of the independent laboratories that conducted the testing.
All Enfuselle formulas are:
- Clinically formulated • Botanically-based
- pH balanced
- Non-comedogenic (won’t clogpores)
- Dermatologists tested
- Never tested on animals
- Contains no animal-derived ingredients • Free of occlusive oils, soap, and dyes
This is the hydrating cleansing lotion. It’s rich emollients plus additional levels of vitamin E leave skin smooth, balanced, and glowing, brightens skin tones, is pH balanced, and hypoallergenic for sensitive skin.
I’ve been using these products for awhile now, and my skin hasn’t felt better! The hydrating moisturizer is a rich cream that’s oil-free and non-greasy for extra moisture and immediate visible smoothing and firming. It is fast-acting and long-lasting 24-hour moisturizer to help prevent dehydration-induced environmental damage, and is also hypo-allergenic. A little goes a long way!
This might just be my favorite part of my daily skin care routine.. At night after washing my face, I apply the C&E repair p.m… It feels amazing. If there was a way to describe a silky smooth finish to your skincare, this would be it.
The Opportunity that awaits you for your own Shaklee wellness lifestyle is possible. Start living it today. You’ll feel better – and look better – with a lifestyle and earning opportunity you have only dreamed of.
I found this plugin (for wordpress) and thought I would share… It allows you to pin an image directly from your photo while hovering over it. When you hover over an image, a “Pin It” button appears in the right hand corner of that specific image.. See!
Now it’s super easy to pin images from my personal blog, as well as my photography business website.. Let me know if you have favorite plugins to make your blogging life more simple
Do your kids shout, “Me! Me!” each morning when it’s time for their daily vitamin? Mine do! They LOVE these Shaklee Multivitamins. We once gave our kids the ever loved & well-known Flinstone vitamins… After doing our research, it was clear that it was not the choice for us. Here are a few reasons & ingredients that aren’t always known about them;
- Health experts have pointed out that flintstone vitamins are known to possess ingredients such asaspartame, gluten as well as certain artificial colors.
- Flintstone vitamins are not made in an environment with gluten products, but may possess a small amount of gluten. If your child suffers from celiac disease, also known as gluten intolerance, it is highly recommended that you do not give your child any flintstone vitamins.
- An overdose of these vitamins can result incorrosion of the digestive tract and can even result in cellular death
- The vitamins that are included in flintstone vitamins are known to besynthetic in nature, thereby causing the immune system of the body to react to theconsumption of the vitamins aka allergic reactions
- Tooth problems
On a positive note, here are some Shaklee Difference facts for you:
Kids Need Vitamin D
55% percent of children tested in a study reported in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition had low levels of vitamin D. That number increased to 68% during the winter months because of lack of sun exposure and an increase in the amount of time spent indoors. Findings such as these have inspired the American Academy of Pediatrics to double for kids its recommended daily intake of this essential bone-building and immune-supporting nutrient.
During childhood, vitamin D is essential for development of bones and teeth. Without it, dietary calcium and phosphorous-two key bone-building minerals-can’t be properly assimilated. With vitamin D present, calcium and phosphorous absorption is increased by up to 40% and 80%, respectively.
Shakleekids Increditives are the FIRST children’s chewable multivitamin in the US w/ lactoferrin, which helps kids’ immune systems stay supercharged.
- No artificial flavors, sweeteners, or preservatives added
- Naturally sweetened with xylitol, which does not promote cavities
- Gluten free
- First children’s chewable multivitamin in the U.S. with immune-supporting lactoferrin*
- Loaded with 23 essential nutrients needed for proper growth and development
- Packed with 600 IU of vitamin D per serving, along with calcium, vitamin K, and other nutrients to help build strong bones and teeth
- 100% of the Daily Value of vitamin C, as well as all eight B vitamins
- Packaging is free of bisphenol-A, phthalates, and toxic inks
- Recyclable packaging
- Contains lactoferrin, a nutrient also found naturally in breast milk and researched for its role in activating components of the immune system*
- Packed with 600 IU of vitamin D per serving for strong bones and teeth
- Provides 100% of the Daily Value of vitamin C, as well as all eight B vitamins, which are essential for a child’s development and the function of major bodily processes
- No artificial flavors, sweeteners, or preservatives added
- Naturally sweetened with xylitol, which does not promote cavities Gluten free
- All-natural tropical punch, grape, and berry flavors
Laundry detergents can often be something that we use daily in our homes, but may be overlooking important information about them.
Your skin is your LARGEST organ… We’re all more aware of what we eat, but do you pay attention to what touches your skin, and is absorbed into it 24/7?.. Laundry detergent can even be traced in your blood stream!
Two thirds of popular laundry detergents that are carried in grocery stores contain harmful chemicals & toxins. Sometimes the toxic ingredients are listed on the label, sometimes not. One of ingredients is dioxane. It is known to be a cancer causing chemical, as well as other side effects including being toxic to the kidney & liver.
Here is some information about Shaklee Fresh Laundry;
✔ Safe for use on all washable fabrics
✔ Superconcentrated – 32 ounces cleans 32 loads – the same amount as a
50 fluid ounce bottle of Tide® Regular High Efficiency Liquid Detergent*
✔ Outperforms Shout® Advanced* and
Spray ‘n Wash® on spot removal**
✔ Better at removing soil and stains in third-party performance tests**
✔ Great in all temperatures, even in cold water
✔ Helps keep your whites white and colors bright
✔ 33% better at removing dirt and stains than All® Small and Mighty® Liquid Laundry DetergentTM in
✔ Sustainable ingredients from natural sources – derived from coconut
✔ Biodegradable surfactants
✔ No phosphates or nitrates
✔ Fragrance-free option
✔ No dyes
✔ Recyclable packaging
✔ Safe for septic systems
- Also ideal for use in standard washers.
- HE compatible formula
- Super Concentrated — one small bottle cleans 32 loads, the same number as a 100 ounce bottle of conventional liquid laundry detergent.
- Super performance in a small package — enzyme-activated natural cleaners deliver a powerful clean that rivals leading brands.
- Two-in-one product — outperforms Shout® Advanced and Spray ‘n Wash® in stain removal**. 33% better at removing dirt and stains than All® Small and Mighty® Liquid Laundry Detergent in HE machines.**
- Small bottle is easy to carry, pour, and store — small size fits on your shelf.
- Natural enzyme power boosters for color-safe whitening.
Formulated to help prevent dyes in colored clothes from transferring from one garment to another during wash.
Need a stain treatment? Try NATURE BRIGHT® LAUNDRY BOOSTER & STAIN REMOVER:
Powerful Laundry Booster– Natural enzymes and active oxygen keep whites white and colors bright while removing stains.
- Excellent laundry pretreatment on organic stains like wine, blood, grass, and much more.
- Powerful chlorine-free, laundry booster – effective alternative to chlorine bleach.
- Color safe and can be used with any washable fabric.
Powerful Stain Remover– Removes stubborn stains on surfaces like carpet, upholstery, kitchen, and bath surfaces and effectively cleans outdoor patio furniture.
- Tackles the toughest organic stains and will effectively remove wine, grape juice, blood, perspiration, grass, grease, food stains, coffee, mold and mildew stains, and much more.
- Comes in a handy resealable pouch with measuring scoop.
- No phosphates
- Bleach free
“Clean up, clean up, everybody do your share” ♪♫♪♫♪♫ …. Okay, PLEASE tell me I’m not the only mom that has this song run through their head while cleaning?… It started when helping my kids pick up toys, but now the jingle hits me ALL. the. time!… hehe
One of the ways I have recently changed my routine in our home is how I disinfect & sanitize… I have always been a huge fan of my steam mop for our hard floors, and up until recently, it was the only way that I mopped my hardwood & tile floors. I have recently changed however, after discovering that I could actually being doing damage to my hardwood in the process. I use this mop, and my Basic-G. As I had previously blogged about, vinegar can do more harm than good, as well as the steam from the mop.
I’d like to tell you more about Basic-G… I’ve shared how effective Basic-H is and it pretty much rocks our world.. er… home… Well, Basic-G is much of the same knock your socks off kinda’ product… (Okay, enough w/ the silly phrases.. ya still w/ me?)
I’ve always assumed that bleach or similar are the way to go to kill germs & disinfect… Not so much :/ Did you know that bleach is actually considered a pesticide by the EPA?? Eeek! Your kids’ toys, bathrooms, floors, trash cans, door handles?… What we’ve all thought was disinfecting & sanitizing the best way, has been proven very dangerous & toxic.. So what’s the alternative?
About Basic-G (Germicide):
-effective for over 40 bacteria, fungi, and viruses (including Salmonella, E-coli, strep pathogens, Influenza A, Feline leukemia)
- super concentrated, and one 16oz spray bottle (using only 1/2tsp of Basic-G) equals approximately 6.6, 12oz bottles of Lysol
-One bottle makes 64 gallons of disinfecting cleaner, that’s 27cents per gallon!
- Did you know that Lysol only kills up to 8 pathogens??
-Basic-G has been a safely used product for over 40 years
-it has NO fumes, safe to use around children, pets, those w/ compromised immune systems, and breathing/airway issues, gentle to human skin, EPA registered, and environmentally friendly
Some common household uses;
-hardwood & tile floors
-laundry that needs disinfecting (baby clothes, sheets, cloth diapers)
-weed killer (1tbs w/ 1/2 cup vinegar to 1 gallon of water)