FIVE years old! This girl loves her LaLa Loopsies.. It’s so fun doing girly birthday parties for her, and she just loves it. Everything PINK. Ashlyn is still every bit full of sass, but also lots of giggles & laughter too. Gosh, I love this girl!We gathered up Ashlyn’s LaLa Loopsies to add to the decorations.. I also found these little wood spools and wrapped some yarn around them. Things started to get a little crazy once a nerf gun was opened up…. The adults had to “test it out”…
Our half bath had a re-do..uh.. again! lol In hindsight, I probably should have held off on doing the board & batten diy the first time, but alas, practice never hurt anyone, right? When it was time to have our new hardwood installed, we had to remove the toilet as well as vanity. We decided that we wouldn’t put back in the same ones, so a new toilet, vanity, sink, and mirror it was.. I love how much it updated the look.
I tore out the first board & batten, and moved up about a foot above where it was before. The original ran too close to the new sink, and faucet handles. It also helps feel the true 9ft ceiling height in the space.
It’s not a huge bathroom, see my arm in the mirror?
New light fixture I installed..
I am in LOVE w/ our new hardwood floors. We went w/ 5in plank, handscraped Armstrong hardwood, called brown bear. So, so happy w/ our choice. The imperfections and scrapes add just the right amount of rustic, worn in feel to our home.
And how about those honey-orange wood floors before? Bleh! Much better now…
1. This is Ashlyn’s kitty, Bianca. She was a gift I received from Erik, just a month or so after we started dating on Mother’s Day. Ashlyn found her a couple of years ago, and immediately snagged her for her own. Ever since, they’ve been inseparable. Kaylor even teasingly put Bianca on a light fixture once and caught her tail on fire! Singed it darn near in half.. Poor Bianca, was battered, but still beautiful to Ashlyn. She went missing for a couple of months, and even missed our family vacation to Disney World. We have no idea how, but we finally found her stuck between our bed frame & mattress. Ashlyn was ECSTATIC that she was found.. (Photo from 9/25/13)
2. Yep.. Playing a game in their swimsuits. Picture taken on 12/21.. They are always warm in spirit!
4. Silly pup.. He LOVES stretching his legs sprawled out like a frog like this.. Gah! He’s too stinking cute!
5. I love these snowy, winter images I shared on my Imaginate Photography site a couple of weeks ago.. I figure if it’s this cold out, we may as well embrace the beauty of it!
7. A client & friend’s little girl had some play time w/ Ashlyn recently… They are up to the same ole’, playing dress up.. They did this last summer too!
This was our Christmas in Minier, IL this year… I was definitely missing grandma fofo So thankful to have so many memories w/ her though. My kids LOVE spending time w/ their cousins.. It’s crazy, loud, and full of energy, but we wouldn’t have it any other way…My mom & Kaylor; All the crazy cousins together..This is my cousin’s family who lost their home in the Washington, IL tornado… We’re so thankful they were all safe & unharmed. They just recently purchased a new house & sold their lot from the destroyed home.. God is good!And my aunt & uncle w/ the crazies;We also got to spend time w/ Erik’s family in Springfield.. Two cousins were home from California. Good food, some fun games.. Lots of laughs!This is Grams… She is Erik’s 99 year old grandmother. One tough ole’ gal, she is! My mil w/ one of her sisters;